Doctor Who Tee

Posted by *Staci* on Sunday, April 21, 2013. Filed under: , , , ,


While browsing embroidery patterns on Urban Threads, I discovered this cute police box. Of course Kody saw it and had to have it on something so I decided I would put it on the corner of a plain blue shirt he had.
Since I have only had an embroidery machine for a few weeks I really didn't know how I was going to sew something on the front of it without attaching the back of the shirt to the front. I decided to take a piece of fabric and sew the tardis on that, then sew the "patch" to the t-shirt with my sewing machine.

I'm happy how it came out however curious as to how people embroider on shirts? Especially onsies.
The main reason I wanted the embroidery machine was to embroider cute things on Emma's clothes but unless I take out the side seam, embroider, then re-sew the seam, I don't see how it will work.
Does anyone have an embroidery machine that knows how to do this?

p.s. for Doctor Who fans there is a paper piecing quilt a long starting soon. Visit the Flickr group here.

2 Responses to Doctor Who Tee

  1. Erika

    I haven't done T-shirts or onesies but have, weirdly enough, embroidered my husband's boxer briefs. You have to stretch the fabric so that just what you want embroidered is under the machine. For the T-shirt, you would have put the hoop where you wanted it and then gathered and moved the back of the T-shirt out of the way.

  2. Joanna

    I don't know how to quilt let alone know what paper piecing is but dangit I want to make that quilt!!! O_O (Also love the patch!!!! )

Leave a Reply